Monitor Audio IWS-10 In-Wall Subwoofer
The IWS-10 subwoofer driver employs an extraordinarily rigid, flat 10" surface of 10mm (3/8") RDT material derived from Monitor audios acclaimed Platinum series of high-end speakers. Rigid Diaphragm Technology is a sandwich of C-CAM alloy, bonded to a honeycomb Nomex core. The resulting properties of low mass and great strength give the driver the ability to behave as an extremely agile piston, resistant to bending, light enough to deliver an accurate bass response through large excursions, even within a shallow 81mm profile. A large vented pole helps to move air quickly, reducing power compression and increasing heat dissipation.
Consequently the IWS-10 is specified to generate excellent bass quality from wall, ceiling, even floor locations, providing a wide range of new and retrofit possibilities ideally but not exclusively with its IWB-10 back box. It features Monitor Audio's patented Tri-Grip clamping system which is easier to install and provides three times the surface area of a conventional dog-leg type clamp for better overall surface sealing. The IWS-10s trim-less grille and frame edge are paintable to blend discreetly with decor. When used with the IWB-10 back box, the IWS-10 will return optimum controlled performance.
- Rigid Die-cast chassis/basket
- Large vented pole design to reduce power compression, lower distortion and improved power handling
- High tech RDT flat sandwich cone technology
- High quality gold plated push type terminal for easy installation
- 8 ohm impedance
- 50mm diameter voice coil with black anodised former Improves convection cooling effects
- +/- 10mm of excursion results in controlled bass at low frequencies and delivers high SPL
- Patented Tri-Grip fixing system
- Trim-less, low profile, paintable grille