KEF LS50 Speakers
KEF LS50 Speakers
An innovative concept inspired by the legendary LS3/5a, the LS50 mini monitor speaker is designed to bring a professional studio monitor concept into the home.
Rarely the case in such a compact design, the LS50 monitor delivers a rich, multi-dimensional 'soundstage experience’ that is out of all proportion to its size. Patent-pending acoustic designs, together with state-of-the-art technologies from KEF’s latest flagship Blade loudspeaker, provide the ultimate studio experience – even in the smallest of spaces.
Creating a small housing capable of delivering such a spacious sound is the result of considerable research and development. In cabinet construction, baffle shaping and port design, LS50 breaks new ground with patent-pending technology. All this is made possible by KEF's leadership in modern research (including techniques such as Finite Element Analysis and Computational Fluid Dynamics*). LS50's unique technology offers by far the cleanest, most accurate studio-grade performance of any mini monitor.
LS50 employs revolutionary technology developed for Blade, KEF's latest flagship loudspeaker. Using the very latest Uni-Q driver, specifically designed for this model, LS50 radiates an extremely large listening sweet spot and delivers a remarkably fast, clean sound. And, because LS50 neither adds nor subtracts a single sound, it's effortlessly natural and accurate too.
- Design Two-way bass reflex
- Drive Units: Uni-Q driver array:
- HF: 25mm (1in.) vented aluminium dome
- LF/MF: 130mm (5.25in.) magnesium/aluminium alloy
- Frequency Range: 47Hz - 45kHz (-6dB)
- Frequency Response: 79Hz - 28kHz (±3dB)
- Crossover Frequencies: 2.2kHz
- Maximum Output: 106dB
- Amplifier requirements: 25 - 100 W
- Sensitivity: 85dB (2.83V/1m)
- Harmonic distortion: 2nd & 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m) <0.4% 175Hz-20kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms (min.3.2 Ohms)
- Dimensions:302 x 200 x 278 mm / 11.9 x 7.9 x 10.9 in. (H x W x D with terminal)
- Weight 7.2kg (15.8lbs)