Dali Phantom Ikon In-Wall / In-Ceiling Speaker
The famous and award-winning IKON sound in your walls. The IKON PHANTOM In-wall has all the features of the IKON series and enables you to build the IKON sound into your wall. Enclosed in a rigid but vibration damping aluminium cabinet, the IKON PHANTOM fires clear, crisp sound. Be it in stereo for your favourite music or in surround for the movies you love.
A rigid, die cast aluminium cabinet has been used for the IKON Phantom. This will ensure identical working conditions for the 6.5” bass/midrange driver no matter which wall cavity the speaker is mounted in. Inside the cabinet is used a bituminous material to make it inert to resonances. Ribs in the die cast aluminium and the coupling to the MDF baffle will also prevent build-up of resonances.
By using the cabinet, it is possible to use a bass/midrange driver with soft, low loss rubber surround and a spider causing a low resonance frequency for the driver. This would not have been possible without the rear cabinet, because the surround and spider thus would have to be less soft to be able to control the movement of the bass/midrange driver with compromised performance as consequence.
Because of the small form factor of the speaker it is very difficult for standing waves to build-up. Combined with strategically positioned materials inside the cabinet, standing waves are reduced to an absolute minimum.
The amplifier to loudspeaker interface is influenced by the impedance characteristics of the speaker. Loudspeakers with poor impedance characteristics can force amplifiers (stress the amplifier unnecessarily) to perform badly. A stressed amplifier will typically add more distortion to the music.
The IKON Phantom drivers are optimised so that the impedance loads of the loudspeakers are very close to a pure resistive load, minimizing amplifier stress (a flat frequency response above the resonance frequency of the woofer).
- Product Series: PHANTOM INSTALL SPEAKERS
- Frequency Range (+/-3 dB) [Hz]: 64 - 30,000
- Sensitivity (2,83 V/1 m) [dB]: 88
- Nominal Impedance [?]: 8
- Maximum SPL [dB]: 106
- Recommended Amplifier Power [W]: 25 - 150
- Crossover Frequency [Hz]: 3000 / 14,000
- Hybrid Tweeter Module, Super High Frequency Driver - Type: 1 x 17 x 45 mm - Ribbon
- Hybrid Tweeter Module, Super High Frequency Driver - Type: 1 x 28 mm - Soft Textile Dome
- Low Frequency Driver: 1 x 6.5" Wood Fibre Cone
- Enclosure Type: Closed Box
- Connection input(s): Single Wire
- Magnetic Shielding: No
- Recommended Placement: In-Wall / In-Ceiling
- Dimensions (HxWxD) [mm]: 436 x 274 x 113
- Cut-Out Dimensions (HxWxD) [mm]: 400 x 237 x 96
- Weight [kg]: 5.7
- Accessories Included: 3mm Allen Key / Installation Templates / Logo Badge / Manual / Painting Cover Mask
Read more on the Dali Phantom Ikon HERE
Please note: these speakers are sold individually, not as a pair.