Yamaha A-S1100 Premium Amplifier
Complete inheritance of the superior qualities of Yamaha’s Emotional & Dynamic sound.Dedicated single-ended high-grade integrated amplifier design that faithfully draws out all the intrinsic value of your favourite player or D/A converter.
- Floating and Balanced Power Amplifier with MOSFETs
- Dedicated single-ended amplifier for all types of audio sources
- All-stage full discrete configuration for strong reproduction of high notes
- Thorough low impedance design ensures powerful bass response with extremely
- Superior quality electronic volume control for optimum sound dynamic, energetic feel
- Large capacity power supply unit delivers energetic, dynamic sound with fast response
- Symmetrical design in pursuit of ideal stereo reproduction
- Discretely configured phono amp
- Level meters visually reflect the dynamics in the music
- Elegant design with luxurious real wood panels
- Original speaker terminals combine ease of use and beauty with high sound quality
- Maximum Power (4 ohms, 1kHz, 0.7% THD, for Europe) - 160 W + 160 W
- High Dynamic Power/Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms) - 105/135/190/220 W
- Damping Factor - 250
- Frequency Response - 5 Hz-100 kHz (+0 dB/-3 dB)
- RIAA Equalization Deviation - 20 Hz-20 kHz +/-0.5 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (CD to Sp Out, 20 Hz-20 kHz) - 0.025%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (CD) - 100 dB (S: 200 mV)
- Input Sensitivity (CD) - 200mV/47k ohms
- Dimensions (W x H x D) - 435 x 157 x 463 mm
- Weight - 23.3 kg
The basic design of the power amplifier circuit adopts Yamaha’s own, uniquely developed Floating and Balanced Power Amplifier technology. Output elements with the same polarity on the plus and minus sides of the output stage completely separates the NFB (Negative Feedback) circuit and power supply, into a total of four plus and minus sides of the left and right channels. This results in thoroughly symmetric push-pull operation of the output stage. Completely floating the entire power amplifier circuit from the ground removes any negative impact of minute voltage fluctuations or ground noise.
Moreover, the output elements are comprised of MOSFETs, which provide a warm and natural sonic character. The use of MOSFETs, which have the same polarity on the plus and minus sides, further evolves the ideal of a complete symmetrical design, to eliminate sound quality variations due to difference in polarity—a major distinguishing characteristic of the Floating and Balanced Power Amplifier—resulting in sound with a superior signal-tonoise ratio and superbly well-defined sound field.
Since this device employs a dedicated single-ended amplifier, it provides excellent response in amplification of single-ended analogue sound from all kinds of audio sources, such as CD players of D/A converters—and the A-S1100 takes advantage of this in having been carefully fine-tuned for optimum sound quality. By fully utilising single-ended amplification, the A-S1100 transparently draws out the intrinsic qualities of your favourite audio devices, including those made by other manufacturers.
This amplifier adopts an all-stage fully discrete configuration through all sound circuit stages, using only the most meticulously selected high-precision parts from input to output. (Applicable during tone control circuit defeat.) The slew-rate of the audio signal has been improved to bring lively and strong response to high musical notes. Moreover, the tone control circuit lets you switch to defeat state and enable a full discrete configuration that bypasses the op-amp IC of the internal circuit, simply by setting the BASS/TREBLE knobs to their center points.
By strengthening the capacity of the high current route (raising the section area of the cable core wire to about 60% of that of the A-S1000) and by pursuing thorough low impedance design, including forming screwclamped wire connections of major ground points, the A-S1100 boasts excellent speaker drive power with a damping factor of more than 250 (8O, 1kHz). Along with the large-capacity power source transformer equipped with an EI core, this design delivers bass reproduction that is both strong and uplifting.
The A-S1100 employs an original EI transformer, carefully customised for optimum compatibility with the chassis. Combining four large capacity carbon sheath block capacitors delivers an energetic sound—even during high volume—that is possible only with the A-S1100. Moreover, since the control amp and control system is equipped with twelve shunt type local regulators that prevent deterioration caused by currency fluctuation, a clean and stable power supply is achieved. The EI transformer is mounted on the chassis using brass washer, restricting internal vibration that would result in noise.
The phono amp is comprised of an MC head amp and an equaliser amp, each of which are discretely configured, resulting in a rich sound with pronounced musicality, when playing vinyl records with both MC and MM phono cartridges.