Audiolab 8300CD CD Player
The 8300CD demonstrates a level of fine detail, transparency, soundstage depth, dynamic range and musical flow across all sources. It is both an exceptional CD player and a top-class external DAC/digital preamp, able to make the most of your CD collection.
While delivering an enormous sonic boost to external digital audio sources it now extends its resolution to 32-bit/384kHz and DSD compatibility via USB.
- Finish - Fine Textured Aluminium (Black / Silver)
- Display - POLED 128x64 pixels 2.7"
- Standby Feature - Yes
- 12V Trigger - Yes
- CD Mechanism - Slot-Loading
- DSD Compatible - Yes (DSD64 / DSD128 / DSD256)
- Disc Compatibility - CD/CDR
- DAC - ESS Sabre32 9018 chip
- Resolution - 32 bits
- Sampling Frequency - Optical,Coaxial, AES: 32kHz - 192kHz, USB:32kHz - 384kHz(PCM) / DSD64, DSD128, DSD256
- Maximum Sampling Frequency - Optical,Coaxial, AES: 192kHz, USB: 384kHz (PCM) / 11.2M (DSD256)
- Digital Input - 2 x Coaxial, 2 x Toslink Optical, 1xAES/EBU, 1 x USB for PC USB,
- Digital Output - 1 x Coaxial, 1 x Toslink Optical,1 x AES
- Output Voltage - 4.2Vrms ±0.1 (Balanced), 2.1Vrms ±0.1 (Unbalanced)
- Output Impedance - 10Ω THD (1kHz 0dB 20Hz - 20kHz A wtd. <0.002%
- Frequency Response +/-0.2dB - 20Hz - 20KHz (± 0.2dB)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (S/N) A wtd - RCA:<-98dB ,XLR<-100dB
- Dynamic Range (A wtd.) - RCA:>98dB ,XLR>100dB
- Crosstalk @1K - RCA:<-120dB , XLR <-130dB
- Gain Error <0.5W
- Dimensions (H x W x D) - 80 x 444 x 317mm
- Weight - 6kg
Control Where You Need It
8300 Series also allows control of music playing from a PC/Mac/media device via USB. When connected to a computer, the 8300CD not only identifies itself as an asynchronous DAC, but also as a HID-compatible device (Human Interface Device). This allows driverless control of the PC/Mac/media player (Play, Pause, Stop, Track Select etc).
New Updated Aesthetic
The 8300 series’ blasted aluminium finish, CNC routed aluminium dials and display certainly look cutting-edge, yet with every Audiolab product, form follows function. The new display and controls enable a fast and intuitive access through the vast routing options and filter settings in both the A and CD.
Slot-Loading CD Mechanism
The new mechanism also reduces the occurrence of disc rejection, able to play CDs that other CD players may reject for being imperfect from dirt or damage. Its digital buffer circuit is a perfect mate to the asynchronous input of the DAC, improving even this area of performance. A final benefit is increased disc stability and reduced susceptibility to resonance, which additionally contributes to the overall improved sound quality.
On the 8300A Engineers have developed a new phono stage catering for the resurgence in vinyl records with MM and MC configurations accessible via the front panel controls.
12V remote trigger loop feature on all units so as one device is switched on, paired units are switched into or out of standby mode - working as one system for quick operation.