Audio Technica VM740ML Dual Moving Magnet Stereo Cartridge with MicroLineŠܢ stylus
Audio Technica VM740ML Dual Moving Magnet Stereo Cartridge with MicroLine™ stylus
Dual Moving Magnet Stereo Cartridge
High-end model featuring a MicroLine™ stylus in an aluminium die-cast alloy body. In addition to outstanding high-frequency reproduction, this model enables clear sound image localisation.
- Aluminium tapered cantilever
- Para-toroidal coils improve generating efficiency
- Centre shield plate between the left and right channels reduces crosstalk
- Die-cast aluminium alloy housing reduces vibration and adds a natural electrical shield
Audio-Technica’s internationally-patented Dual Magnet design replicates the structure of the cutter head.
Instead of using a single, large magnet, the two magnets are arranged in the shape of a "V". The two magnets are positioned precisely to match the positions of the left and right channels in the stereo groove walls. Consequently, the VM design ensures outstanding channel separation, extended frequency response and superb tracking.
Para-toroidal generating system
Para-toroidal coils improve generating efficiency and offers superb linearity, since leakage of magnetic flux in this continuous and unitised magnetic circuit is low. Permeability of the cores is also optimised through the use of laminated cores.
Centre shield plate reduces crosstalk
A permalloy centre shield plate enables the effective separation of left and right channels, suppressing electrical crosstalk to below 40dB. This is similar to the actual crosstalk value found in the grooves of the record itself.
- Type VM Type
- Mounting 1/2” centres
- Frequency Response 20 - 27,000Hz
- Channel Separation 28dB (1kHz)
- Output Channel Balance 1.0dB (1kHz)
- Output Voltage 4.0mV (1kHz, 5cm/sec.)
- Vertical Tracking Angle 23˚
- Vertical Tracking Force Range 1.8 – 2.2g (2.0g standard)
- Stylus Shape MicroLine™
- Stylus Size 0.12 x 2.2 mil
- Stylus Construction Nude Square Shank
- Cantilever Aluminium Tapered Pipe
- Coil Impedance 2,700Ω (1kHz)
- Static Compliance 40 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Dynamic Compliance 10 x 10-6 cm/dyne (100Hz)
- Recommended Load Impedance 47,000Ω
- Recommended Load Capacitance 100 – 200pF
- Weight 8.0g
- Dimensions 17.3 (H) x 17.0 (W) x 28.2 (L) mm
- Replacement Stylus VMN40ML
- Accessories Included Cartridge installation screws 5mm ×2 and 10mm ×2, Washer ×2, Hexagon nut ×2, Non-magnetic screwdriver ×1, Brush ×1, Lead wire set ×1